On October 23-25, 2018 in Zakopane, taking place the 6th National Geothermal Congress, being one of the most important events in the country concerning geothermal energy, intended for people interested in the use of warm geothermal waters.
Congress takes place in the year of the 100th anniversary of regaining independence by Poland, therefore, apart from the scientific basis of the event, it will be possible to get to know a few places connected with the Jubilee, unique not only for Zakopane, but also for the whole country.
The main organizers of the event are: Polish Geothermal Association, Department of Power Resources, Faculty of Geology, Geophysics and Environmental Protection, AGH University of Science and Technology name Stanislawa Staszica, Institute of Mineral Resources and Energy PAS and PEC Geotermia Podhalańska S.A.
Exalo Drilling SA also joined to the group of interested, becoming a partner supporting events.
The main topics discussed during the congress will be:
- geothermal energy in sustainable development, raw material policy, energy policy and economic Poland and the EU,
- recognition of resources and conditions of occurrence of geothermal waters and energy in Poland,
- geothermal heating plants in Poland - experience, development plans, selected aspects of work,
- geothermal spas and recreation centers in Poland,
- heat pumps in geothermal energy, underground storage of heat and cold,
- review of ongoing and planned research projects and the use of geothermal waters and energy,
- directions of development of research and use of geothermal energy in Poland,
- successes, problems and prospects of geothermal energy in Poland,
- legal and economic conditions for the development of geothermal energy in Poland,
- sessions with companies from the geothermal industry.