The Fluid and Cement Laboratory (Laboratorium Płynów i Cementów) is a unit of Exalo Drilling S.A., operating within the structure of the Research and Development Department. The main task of the Laboratory, apart from ongoing tests for the purposes of maintenance in the plant, is to perform research, development and innovation work involving drilling fluid and cement grout technologies for drilling services. The tests carried out at the Laboratory are conducted in accordance with the API specification and PN-EN ISO standards.
The Laboratory is equipped with state-of-the-art specialist production units of renowned world producers of laboratory equipment in the oil industry (Chandler Engineering, OFI Testing Equipment, Grease Instrument). The equipment is under the constant metrological supervision of accredited calibration laboratories and National Metrological Institutes. Additionally, it is regularly inspected by authorised manufacturers’ maintenance services.
The Laboratory employees are a team of trained and competent specialists with many years of experience in laboratory and industrial work.
The confirmation of competence, impartiality and reliability of the Laboratory’s activities is the Accreditation Certificate of the research laboratory granted by PCA under accreditation number AB 1731 to meet the requirements of PN-EN ISO/IEC 17025:2018-02.
Scope of activity of the Fluid and Cement Laboratory
The basic activity of the Laboratory is conducting tests in the field of drilling fluids based on water and oil, as well as cement grouts, including:
- Designing the composition of drilling fluids and cement grouts.
- Testing, selection and quality control of materials intended for work under various geological conditions.
- Analysis of drilling fluids and testing the properties of cement grouts according to the standards:
- Drilling fluids – “Petroleum and natural gas industries. Field testing of drilling fluids” PN-EN ISO 10414; Part 1, Part 2.
- Cement grouts – “Petroleum and natural gas industries. Cements and materials for well cementing” PN-EN ISO 10426-2.
Tel.: Marta Serafin, Head of Laboratory +48 68 329 54 96
Cement Workshop: +48 68 329 54 57
Drilling Fluid Workshop: +48 68 329 55 61